Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do i amend my colorado state taxes to receive the state tabor check?

If we filed last year and this year we qualified fir the $800 state tabor check.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KristinaK
Employee Tax Expert

You do not need to amend your state tax return for that. The requirement to receive a TABOR Refund is to file a tax return by the due date - 04/15/24 (including extension). 

It will be part of your overall CO refund. You can check the status of the refund here. You may also want to contact the CO Department of Revenue to clarify about your refund. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No. Thats not right. On the Co tax website it states:  "Please remember that you must claim the state sales tax refund (TABOR refund) when filing your state income tax return. If you claimed a 2023 refund, the TABOR refund will be combined and issued out with your refund. Unlike the 2022 Colorado cashback, no separate check will be issued. " I just need to know how to claim it because I didn't get it in my state tax refund. 

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Is there anything on Line 34 of your DR 0104 tax return? If not, then you must amend to include the Tabor credit. To amend your state tax return, please see How do I amend my state tax return?

On the screen, Qualifying for the Colorado state sales tax refund, you must click no for the question regarding being incarcerated for 180 days or more in 2023. If this applied to you, you are not qualified for the Tabor Tax Credit. Your credit will appear on Line 34 of your DR 0104. 

@dae0d544450d 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies