You have the option to get a paper check in the mail. In order to get a paper check you must pay your TurboTax fees up front you will not be able to deduct them from your refund.
When you are at the Filing stage of your TurboTax program you will be presented with various options regarding how to pay your TurboTax fees as well as how to receive your tax refund. (The paper check will not show up if you are attempting to pay fees with your refund. You will need to change this option to pay now.)
During the first step of the filing stage you will need to verify that the payment method being used for the TurboTax fees will be through a credit/debit/prepaid card.
After your TurboTax fees are paid you may proceed to the second step in which you may choose how to receive your refund, simply select the option that states "To a paper check".
You will need to log in and get back to the File tab, in order to change your information. If you have NOT filed or have already filed but have not been accepted, you can change information by doing the following:
- After logging back into your online account, click on Take Me to My Return
- *Note: If you no longer have the option to click on Take Me to My Return, scroll down to the section Some Things You Can Do. Click on Add a State (you won't really be adding a state but it will allow you to get to the File tab)
- You will be back into your return that you completed before. Click on the File tab
- Under this tab, next to Step 2, you can click Revisit. This will allow you to change how you receive your refund (*Please note that if you have selected to have your payment taken out of your refund, you won't be able to receive a refund check. You will first need to go back to Step 1 and change your payment option to Pay With Card and then go back to Step 2)
- Once you change to in the mail to receive a refund check, click continue to get back to the File tab page
Still have questions?Make a post