Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

josedel34

How can I figure out who filed my 2020 taxes to get the EIP 1 and two payments made to my self totally to 1800.00? I contacted the IRS.

About this situation, I told them that I had in fact not filed my taxes online due to one reason soly, I was in prison from 2015 through 2021 and we have no Access to the internet so I could not have filed online electronically, The IRS indicated I needed to get ahold.of TPG because they issued my payments to the BFS the offset people they indicated I owed 68.00 and sent to the account listed on my 1040 I didn't file online electronically informed them yet again and said I filed by paper form.. and didn't elect direct deposit BFS said they issued to TPG... I contacted TPG they indicated that they deposited the payment offer their fees to my  account listed on my return to FLAGSTAR bank .. I contacted the FLAGSTAR bank rep and they said they don't have an account matching that info I informed the staff there that I had verification that funds were sent to that bank with a trace number and nothing the irs  will not help me the BFS will not help TPG same and the bank will not help... I want to make clear I did NOT give permission to anyone inside the prison or out of the prison to file my taxes nor did I authorize any such payment to be released to anyone.... How did these people allow processing with out my Picture license a d SSI number
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How can I figure out who filed my 2020 taxes to get the EIP 1 and two payments made to my self totally to 1800.00? I contacted the IRS.

You're going to have to do more research on this one yourself.

Were you married at the time? Did anyone have access to your social security number? Did you sign a power of attorney (POA) or other document authorizing another party to file on your behalf?

Also, if the IRS believes you should have filed a return based on tax reporting statements, and other documentation or evidence, they can file a return on your behalf.

No one here can really track this down for you, unfortunately.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

See the Taxpayer guide to identity theft on the IRS web site.

In many cases the prisons filed and got the EIP for inmates.  It was allowed because the inmates were being supported by the prison.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies