turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ilane15

Hi I had to send a mail by ups for the confirmation but it's been more than a week now and I still have no confirmation about irs is this normal? Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Hi I had to send a mail by ups for the confirmation but it's been more than a week now and I still have no confirmation about irs is this normal? Thanks

Some of your question is not completely clear.

You said you "sent a mail" using "ups".  Does that mean you wrote a letter to the IRS, or did you mean that you filed a return by mail?

You said "ups."  Is that correct, or was that a typo?  Was it the UPS delivery service (United Parcel Service)?  If so, UPS should be able to provide proof of delivery.   Can you track it on the UPS website?   The IRS requires a physical address for deliveries from UPS and other private delivery services.

Or did you mean USPS (United States Postal Service?)    If so, are you able to track it on the USPS website?

What type of confirmation are you referring to?   Are you referring to the green "return receipt" card if you chose that option?   If you just mailed a week ago, there hasn't been enough time for the card to come back, and the IRS doesn't always send it back.    If what you mailed was a tax return, sometimes the IRS signs a manifest for a whole bag of mail that lists the pieces, but they may or may not send a card back when they finally get around to going through the bag of mail.

Or by "confirmation" are you referring to it not yet showing up in the IRS "Where's My Return" tool?  It takes 4 weeks to appear there in the IRS tool.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies