sv-hi-09

HI. I am doing a Refund advance and when I reviewed my tax papers it showed direct deposit number that was not mine. How do I change it?

RBBrittain

You don't. The routing & account numbers on your tax return are for a special account used to recoup the refund advance (and TurboTax fees if paid from refund); that company will then forward the rest of your refund to your prepaid card. Since the refund advance is new this year, I don't know if the routing number on the return is associated with First Century Bank (the lender for the refund advance) or the bank used by Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (who provides the "pay fees from refund" option). Your prepaid card also has its own routing & account numbers; its routing number MAY be the same as on your return, because Green Dot (the prepaid card issuer) also owns SBTPG.

RBBrittain

sv-hi-09

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!