Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello. I used Turbotax to file my 1120 form for a simple C corp. I have now received IRS Letter 118C requesting a Form 4626. This form is not in turbotax. Help?

This form is uniquely difficult to understand and seems aimed at Businesses with 1 Billion in revenue, which I am far far short of. The software has nothing on this form, and the IRS form assistance page is also difficult to understand. I don't wish to enter incorrect information, but I am stuck with an incomplete return that was filed by TurboTax. Is there a place that can assist with this form in plain language? 

Thanks for any assistance. The IRS phone lines are all fast-busy and hard to get into, so the timing here is not ideal, despite my filing this in January. 🙂
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Hello. I used Turbotax to file my 1120 form for a simple C corp. I have now received IRS Letter 118C requesting a Form 4626. This form is not in turbotax. Help?

Mail a statement to the IRS that says you are not required to file Form 4626 because you are not an applicable corporation under the simplified method and you are choosing to apply that method for 2023 and tax years going forward.  Sign the statement and Include a copy of your company's financial statements.  There should be a mailing address on the letter you received.  Include a copy of the letter.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies