Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello- I received my 1099-G from the state of Louisiana and it is wrong. I have tried for 6 weeks to contact the state and cannot get anyone to respond. Help

No one at the state will return phone calls or emails.  My 1099-G states more than I actually received.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Hello- I received my 1099-G from the state of Louisiana and it is wrong. I have tried for 6 weeks to contact the state and cannot get anyone to respond. Help

We are unable to correct a 1099-G. You would need to continue trying to contact the company who issued the form. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That is my problem.  It has been 7 weeks now with the State and cannot get anyone to respond or answer.  What are my options if I cannot get a response in time to file?

GloriaL
Expert Alumni

If your 1099-G does not match what you received from the State of Louisiana unemployment division, you should first review all your 2020 payments showing in your account in the HiRE website. If the total in HiRE doesn’t match the total shown on your 1099-G, you can contact LA Unemployment Call Center at 866-783-5567 and request a payment review. If an error is identified, they will take necessary action to make the correction and issue a corrected 1099-G.

For additional Information: Louisiana: LWC 1099-G

@noelle1283

Yes, I have done all this and have records of my payments from the Hire site.  The number you gave is the number I have been using for the past 7 weeks.  Every time I call it just hangs up.  I have emailed three different addresses and called using that number and cannot get anyone to respond.  I have done some research and there have been news stories locally in Louisiana of hundreds of people in my situation.  The state is simply not responding to anyone.

What am I to do?  I've exhausted all options available to me which is why I've reached out for professional advise.  Is this where I get a lawyer?  But I cannot afford one because I haven't been paid unemployment benefits in two moths.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

E-filing does not start until Feb 12th, so you still have time to get the form corrected.    This is an income tax forum so not really the best place to look for legal matters.   

You are required and responsible for reporting any taxable income you received - including state or local income tax refunds and unemployment income - even if you did not receive Form 1099-G.  Keep payers advised of your current address so you’ll receive your 1099-G timely.  If you file your return and later receive a Form 1099-G for income that you did not fully include on that return, you should report the income and take credit for any income tax withheld by filing Form 1040X, “Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.”    

Contact Louisiana DOR

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies