turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

So did anyone that's under review received a letter or their refund yet? I'm curious cause I'm under review and been since 2/14/18 I call everyday and get the same info.

Today had been 60 days since I received my letter telling me I'm under review. When I checked WMR I still got the good ol message that says "we have received your return and it is being processed". I have an appt with my local IRS office on May 18th to go talk to someone in person. I would like to think I will get my refund by then, but with the way things are going this year I'm really not counting on it. BY LAW, the IRS has to pay us. They are just taking their sweet time and dragging things out. Stay positive and be patient... otherwise you'll go crazy over this mess. Let's continue to keep each other posted and hopefully we will all get our money soon!!
farahfast

So did anyone that's under review received a letter or their refund yet? I'm curious cause I'm under review and been since 2/14/18 I call everyday and get the same info.

@jennyd1985 true ....i gave up checking im just waiting until its deposited ...im tired of getting my hopes up high :(
meg7772

Does anyone know if this is mainly effecting people that used TurboTax or just random? Seems like so many more are effected that used Turbo Tax. 80 days and waiting..........
farahfast

@meg7772  no its alot of us out here who are waiting

Right I been waiting for over three months with no answer
meg7772

My 60 day review was up April 25 th . Now they say may take another 60 days. Has anyone had to wait THAT additional 60 days? For me it has been over 100 days so far
a_rocha15

i got the letter that i was under review 2/27 and my 60days were up 4/28 so i called monday and they told me a request to realese my refund was submitted but they have 60days to respond. When i call a TA they tell me that they cant help because the refund people are the ones to give me info even tho they dont say anything besides that i need to wait and call back 6/29 if i dont have it by then. Im so stressed already because im being told i dont need to do anything but i still dont have my money.

They told me the EXACT same thing. Yesterday was my 60th day so I called the IRS. They told me they put in a request to release my refund and it could take 60 more days. I read an article stating their are more than 60 million low income Americans that are still waiting for their return with an estimated amount of 100 million dollars. So basically the government doesn't have the money to pay everyone so they thought of this brilliant plan to "randomly review" until they can get the funds to pay everyone. I wonder if I can randomly review them when they try to take taxes out of my next paycheck.
farahfast

@jennyd1985  EXACTLY my thoughts...some crooks seriously... @a_rocha15 welcome to the SEND YOU OFF CLUB... thatss all theyre doing. @meg7772  get ready for this looong rollercoaster ride. I simply stopped checking deleted the irs app and just enjoying the weather theyre truly messing people over.
meg7772

Keep me posted if anyone gets their refund 🙂
ammvilla

Hello.  I filled Jan 25th.  Never got a letter.  Would call and same was always said wait 45 days then 60.  Until they assigned a avocate.  She called a week after and she said she didn't know why it was holding because they didn't need anything from me.  Well, it has been 3 weeks and she finally  called yesterday and said I should get my refund May 9th.  I checked "where's my refund" and it finally updated and got bars back.  So, there's so hope.
farahfast

@meg7772  check the app WMR mine FINALLY updated today refund otw...
kemccoy88

@farahfast I’m glad everything is coming together for you

Like a lot of you I filed 1/30 then my bars disappeared 2 weeks later. I've passed the initial 60 days then the 45 for the review started on 3/12 and now on another 60 day wait for the release from the email the irs rep sent. Also, Turbo tax took their money out of my account but I got it back.. I filed a claim. They made me over draft! I have a 10 month old ..this is just crazy. I've stopped checking my status so much and I'm just saving all the money I can from working. I would like to know what my best option is for my situation. I tried doing a TA for a economic hardship but they hung up on my 3 times and I gave up. Is going to the irs office a real solution?? And who has gotten their money back?? Please help me!
farahfast

@robyn_west85  continue to contact irs 1 866 number until they press the issue for your refund. I refuse to except partial answers but i also contacted anyone who listened and followed this blog CLOSELY. i believe when they are ready only
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies