turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Haven't recieved taxes and irs says I need to verify my account. I have not recieved a letter in the mail what foes this mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Haven't recieved taxes and irs says I need to verify my account. I have not recieved a letter in the mail what foes this mean?

That means the IRS needs you to prove you're you. This is something TurboTax has no control over or is made aware of. Please see the link below, it is urgent you verify yourself. Be mindful of scams and be sure you are talking to the IRS if you speak with them. 

Identity and Tax Return Verification  

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

In addition to the information above, you should set up an online account with the IRS to provide additional information and also review the activity on your account.  

Create and IRS Online Account.

@Breelutjens 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TomD8
Level 15

"irs says I need to verify my account."

This could be a scam.  How did the IRS contact you, if not by letter?

From the IRS:

"The IRS is aware of email phishing scams that include links to bogus web sites intended to mirror the official IRS website. These emails contain the direction “you are to update your IRS e-file immediately.” These emails are not from the IRS."

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/tax-scamsconsumer-alerts

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies