Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone gotten their stimulus back yet? Did it go to your turbo tax card if you filed with that or does anyone know how i can keep track of when mine is coming?

Im in az, i just saw it like 30 min ago... Not saying i got it yet but somebody on here needs to chill tf out.. sorry some of us need money

Has anyone gotten their stimulus back yet? Did it go to your turbo tax card if you filed with that or does anyone know how i can keep track of when mine is coming?

Screenshot_20200409-194927_Chrome.jpg

If you won't see the direct deposit into the bank until Monday then how did your neighbor get his?

I've been checking the internet all day long and there are no articles saying that YES THE CHECKS ARE BEING SENT!  I would think the media would be all over this.

here is the whole article ....next Wed.,..... no doubt the IRS is talking to the banks so the banks are prepared for the volume that will come through their systems

The Treasury Department on Friday is expected to take the first step in getting economic stimulus payments to millions of Americans, who will get access to the money next week if they have direct deposit bank accounts, according to financial industry sources.

Paper checks for people without direct deposit would start going out early next month, though some could take up to five months to reach recipients and there are still unanswered questions about how banks will handle some of them.

Advertisement

The initial step involves clearing the payments that will be directly deposited, with banks expecting a Treasury Department transmission Friday to confirm the money will reach the right accounts. On Monday, the IRS would begin processing the payments — up to $1,200 for individuals, $2,400 for couples and an extra $500 for children — and the direct deposits would hit people's bank accounts on Wednesday.

“That timeline is the update I am aware of and is accurate,” one industry source said Thursday. The other said the information was “based on conversations with Treasury.”

I imagine they need that first day to determine which accounts remain open and which ones have been closed.....that gives the banks time to report back to the IRS which are closed / invalid. etc. 

Hey have you seen the new Trolls movie? 

alvin923
Returning Member

Jame is right, even though i was hoping he wasn't. I need the money just as much as the next person. The IRS just posted this within the last hour. NOONE has received any type of payment this week and if they stated they have, there either lying or received a tax refund (I filed my 2019 taxes on 03/31/20 and received my refund this week on tuesday 04/07/2020. Literally the fastest refund i ever got lol)

See link from IRS below:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

alvin923
Returning Member

Jame is right, even though i was hoping he wasn't. I need the money just as much as the next person. The IRS just posted this within the last hour. NOONE has received any type of payment this week and if they stated they have, there either lying or received a tax refund (I filed my 2019 taxes on 03/31/20 and received my refund this week on tuesday 04/07/2020. Literally the fastest refund i ever got lol)

See link from IRS below:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

alvin923
Returning Member

SORRY FOR THE REPOST. PLEASE SEE 2nd PARAGRAPH OF THE ARTICLE, TOWARDS THE END

See link from IRS below:

alvin923
Returning Member

also check your bank's websites. they are working with the government to be prepared for all of this and they are also posting updates about when they receive their money. I set up my tax return with Chime, as stated on my previous post i received my refund already as a direct deposit. Chime has posted on their site they haven't received any Stimulus money yet, same with Chase. See below for the Chime Link.

https://www.chime.com/stimulus-payments-and-chime/

I clicked the link, read it, and didn't see anywhere that it said no one has received a stimulus check. 

alvin923
Returning Member

Agree with you 100 percent Jame. If you didn't respond I would have stressed myself out trying to figure out why mine didn't come. Thanks for the information. Hope everyone gets there money soon!

alvin923
Returning Member

Hey Emma, I meant no offense. I know everyone is going through a tough time right now. The portion below is from the IRS website. See the last sentence.

To protect the public and employees, and in compliance with orders of local health authorities around the country, certain IRS services such as live assistance on telephones, processing paper tax returns and responding to correspondence are extremely limited or suspended until further notice. All Taxpayer Assistance Centers remain temporarily closed as are many volunteer tax preparation sites until further notice. This will not affect the IRS’s ability to deliver Economic Impact Payments, which taxpayers will begin receiving next week.

2C5C3FB0-0D2A-49DB-BDE0-6E2B51A13ACC.png

No they haven’t lol 

I just saw a site that says they're starting tomorrow. I dont think anyone is supposed to know. It's all sporadic.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies