Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone got a release date for the the refunds with EIC and ACTC

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

• Has it been 21 days since you have filed? The bar is an estimated time frame in which you should receive your return.
  • The only way to know when your refund will be released is to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool.
  • The IRS Where's My Refund? lookup service provides a specific, personalized date for your tax refund.
  • The TurboTax Refund Tracker, on the other hand, projects an estimated date range on when you can expect your refund.
  • The exception would be if you are claiming the EITC/ACTC you will not receive a refund until late February. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing.
  • Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit may experience a refund hold.  According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue these refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2018, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.  
  • https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5340655

View solution in original post

142 Replies

• Has it been 21 days since you have filed? The bar is an estimated time frame in which you should receive your return.
  • The only way to know when your refund will be released is to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool.
  • The IRS Where's My Refund? lookup service provides a specific, personalized date for your tax refund.
  • The TurboTax Refund Tracker, on the other hand, projects an estimated date range on when you can expect your refund.
  • The exception would be if you are claiming the EITC/ACTC you will not receive a refund until late February. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing.
  • Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit may experience a refund hold.  According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue these refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2018, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.  
  • https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5340655

Filed and accepted 1/31 then got approved today with DDD 2/21

Congrats. I filed and got accepted on 1/29 I dont see anything but still processing.

Aprilmarie1331 did you have both Eic and child tax credit?

Nope, just Child Tax credit
terinudd

I received a DD date of 22nd. I literally just filed early last week.

i filed on the 16th of jan and still nothing i was reading that the first check will be released on the 27th of February

terinudd did you claim both EIC and Child Tax credit?
xbananayx

I read that on the irs site, also. Looks like we can only hurry up and wait. Good luck.

Mine said fund will be in my account by 2/22/19
mzwoodsd

I filed 1/31 and got accepted the same day got the path tax topic and went away 2/14 and back to saying still being processed
maddog921

Still waiting for update.. accepted 2-1-19...EIC only.still processing..  "it's my money,and I want it now"

Same here. EIC & CTC.

I filed on 1/28 and got excepted that day. My bars went away about a week ago. Now it’s say “ We received your tax return and it’s being processed”  No bars anymore and I have EIC and CTC. Is anyone else have this message
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies