Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Had my uncle's son living with me for 8 months but don't have anything to prove it they live in mexico but he was born here I got a letter from irs request info need help

But i conseder him as my nephew and by accident but him as newphew instead of other.. Have no documents I can get my uncle's letter notarize from mexico would that be valid here in usa. I dought it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Had my uncle's son living with me for 8 months but don't have anything to prove it they live in mexico but he was born here I got a letter from irs request info need help

He didn't go to school here he got suspended in not sure but it was 7 months plus his actual vacations... Does it have to be the original letter notarize in mexico or can he fax me one..it can be anyone writing the letter that same him or knew he lived with me right they don't have to be notarize do they.

Also and to proof clothing i never save recipes. Now I regret it.. Paid all cash..

"uncle's son"  "i conseder him as my nephew"

He is actually your cousin, which is not considered by the IRS to be a close relative. He is treated as any person who is not related to you.  As such, he must have lived with you all year for you to claim him.  .  

Oh I should of done some research this is my 3year doing taxes im still learning thing still.. Is there any way I can remove him
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies