jeni8696

Got return rejected...accidentally did an amendment but it is incorrect because it is based off a return that was never excepted. How do I start over. Already paid 4 it

I accidentally claimed myself and my refund (fed/state) got rejected because my mom claimed me (correctly).  Instead of just updating my info and resubmitting I thought I needed to do an amendment.  Not my amendment numbers are wrong because they appear to be based off the numbers of my original return even though It was never accepted.  I tried going to my tools and clicking start over but it says I cant since I already filed and started over.  I don't want to lose all the money I spent to file and start a new login/account.  I am frustrated because if my return was rejected and it clearly shows that why would I be allowed to even start an amendment....anyone know an answer..I talked to someone at TT and they werent any help. ...sincerely, confused college student