goldengirl

Got a letter frm irs about proof 4 a dependent i claimd n they said they were goin 2 hold my refund I nevr sent in proof bt stil got my refund Will it afect me this year?

I didnt have proof tht the dependent lived with me so i didnt send anything in. A week later i got my direct deposit tax returns the full amount. Will it affect me this year. Will irs take out the credit i got.

DianeW

Because they released the refund and they didn't continue to send you letters requesting information, there is not reason to expect a reduction of your refund for the current year.  

As a precaution, you might contact the IRS to see if they show any open requests for the information.  You have time right now to supply anything necessary if applicable.  Use the number on the letter or use the information here.

• IRS Hours of Telephone Service:

Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).  The best times to call during April are before 10:00 a.m. and after 7:00 p.m., and Monday is the heaviest traffic day. 
    (800) 829-1040

gato_q123

What did they ask you for
DianeW

• IRS Hours of Telephone Service:

(800) 829-1040

goldengirl

They only sent me one letter and i have not heard from them since after i recieved my taxes. So there may be a possibility they will with held my taxes this year even if i dont claim the same individual but because of last years?
DianeW

There doesn't appear to be a reason for them to withhold it since they stopped pursuing the information.
goldengirl

Thank you so much for your help! It really helped me alot! I appreciate it!
shakarijohnson

I just recieved a letter from the irs yesterday and I only have til March 8 to send in the documents they need. What happen to the 30 day notice? ??
goldengirl

They sent it to me then shortly after tht i got my federal and state refund even tho i did not send in any documents they asked for. They released it. I didnt get a 2nd notice frim them either.
gato_q123

Goldengirl12 did you recieved any other notice or anything like that
gato_q123

goldengirl12 what did they ask for
gato_q123

Shakarijohonson did you got a notice or something
Candybar

.
gato_q123

So you did not send anything from the first notice and you still have not recieved anymore notices candybar
Candybar

Yes, i did not send any forms in that they have requested. But theu released my refund. I cannot say the same for anyone else because i know someone now who had reciebed tje same letter and theyve waited and did not revieve their refund and had to send in their forms.
gato_q123

Candybar so im assuming it depends then right,im on the same boat and worried the kid lived with me but i got no proof of it and im worried. I just hope i go trough same thing as you i want this to end on a good note so i can finally relax.