Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NCKat
Returning Member

GETTING JERKED AROUND ABOUT A REFUND

I've never had this happen before, but I am very disappointed in the way Intuit is handling this issue. For at least the past 17 years, I've used Turbo Tax to file my taxes. Now that I've retired, my income has changed substantially, so for the first time ever, I had no taxable income on my state taxes - my state does not tax Social Security. In fact, my taxable income on my state return was actually NEGATIVE. As knowledgeable as Turbo Tax is or appears to be, the Turbo Tax program (CD on Windows) instructed me to pay $20 to efile my state taxes, in spite of the negative taxable income reported, so I paid them and then tried to efile my taxes, only to receive a message - after several attempts - that the receiving server does not recognize the information I was trying to send. Eventually, I discovered that I do not even need to file state taxes...something that Turbo Tax should have known BEFORE taking the filing fee. But of course, I assumed a simple phone call to Intuit would result in a very agreeable refund of the $20 - they can see the efile of my state taxes was never completed. But NO - this is not what happened. The first Intuit representative told me on the day of the incident that they didn't have an "official" invoice issued yet and that I needed to call back the following day. When I called back the following day, I was on the phone with a man for about TWENTY MINUTES (?) while he was supposedly emailing me a FORM to fill out online - but it was actually just a link to a form. The form itself is a tiny screen off to the left side of an Intuit webpage, and it was very difficult to navigate. When I finished filling out the form, I had to attach my receipt for the purchase of the product BUT after I submitted the request, I got a pop up message that there is no "guarantee" they will refund the money. WTF, Intuit? What a deplorable way to treat a loyal customer!!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies