Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

forms to support an amended return for 2022

Hello, 

I made a mistake on my 2022 return submitted in January of 2022. The values for ordinary and qualified dividends on a 1099 div were incorrect. These changes affected my return in several places, including Schedule B, and form 1116 for foreign tax credit. These changes ripple throughout the return. I know that I'm supposed to include supporting forms and documentation, but so many of them have changed, my thought was to include the entire return with the 1040-X and also the entire return with my California amended return. 

I realize that I missed my chance to e-file the amended return, so I'm planning to print and mail the return. 

Does that seem like the correct strategy? I've never amended a return before this 2022's return, so I'm a little unsure of myself, and understandably want to do the right thing. 

Thank you,

Kevin

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

No. Only send your amended returns which take the place of your original ones as well as any forms that have changed. 

Thank you @Bsch4477 

To confirm, I should include the "X" forms for the amended returns, and any forms in the federal, and in the state returns, that have changes in any of the numbers? 

Thank you, and sorry for asking for confirmation. 

Yes. 

One other thing. Do not amend until your return has been processed and your tax liability settled from your first return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies