Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kella7074
Returning Member

Find a different company

So my spouse and I filed our taxes in January. Everything is smooth sailing. However, we had split very shortly before so we had new bank accounts because of this. Both of us have online banks now. So the taxes were supposed to be deposited to me. I didn't know that my taxes had my MAIDEN name even though I've been married 6 years and had my social security info all changed. My spouse had been doing our taxes for the last few years. Thus, my bank refused it so it was sent back to Turbo Tax and the company TPG. I get a cashier's check a month and a half later (also with my maiden name on it and the last 4 digits of my spouse's SS). I tried to deposit it with mobile banking (my spouse knew this) but it was denied again. I had to sign the back in order to try and do mobile banking. Our taxes were over my spouse's bank limits so we would have to go to a check cashing business since mine denied it. The only problem is that no check cashing business will take an already signed check, even if we are both there. So my spouse tried to call TPG, was put on outrageous hold times, finally got through to someone but then was transferred or just hung up on, and all around was not helped in anyway. They refused to talk to me because they ONLY had my spouse in their files. We just wanted to have a reprint of the check. That's it. That way we could take it to the check cashing business and get it cashed, split the money, and go our separate ways. We didn't even care if we had to prove that we voided the check or send proof and then wait 10 days to ensure we didn't sneak cash it. TPG has been all around terrible to work with and very unprofessional. We also tried to call TurboTax but our call kept getting dropped.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies