Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filed taxes for 3 states on April 14th 2023. NY and California and Federal tax has been accepted.New Jersey is still pending, what to do,last date to file taxes is soon.

Last date to file taxes is tomorrow, what to do to get acceptance from New Jersey to avoid filing post due date. Please suggest.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieS
Expert Alumni

Filed taxes for 3 states on April 14th 2023. NY and California and Federal tax has been accepted.New Jersey is still pending, what to do,last date to file taxes is soon.

By submitting your e-file prior to the deadline, you have filed on time. Once the e-file is accepted, the submission time and date is the "official" filed date. 

If your  e-file is rejected, you have five days to correct it, re-submit and get an acceptance. All returns submitted by midnight local time on the deadline date are considered "on time" even if the acceptance is past the deadline. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

It depends.  New Jersey (NJ) may be backed up due to the volume at this time.  Give it until tomorrow and then be prepared to mail a copy if necessary so that you have April 18th post mark on the envelope.

• How do I print and mail my state return?

Your return is pending?

That means you submitted it before the due date.

@marinaarif 

Makes sense, I am really hoping it gets accepted today to avoid the hassle. I do have a refund, not sure if that impacts the need for mailing by tomorrow. 

I did, I e filed and the return hasn't been accepted by New Jersey yet. The last date to file is tomorrow so getting a little worried.

JulieS
Expert Alumni

By submitting your e-file prior to the deadline, you have filed on time. Once the e-file is accepted, the submission time and date is the "official" filed date. 

If your  e-file is rejected, you have five days to correct it, re-submit and get an acceptance. All returns submitted by midnight local time on the deadline date are considered "on time" even if the acceptance is past the deadline. 

Well, that is a relief. Thank you for clarifying.

If you are getting a refund, there is no penalty for late filing.

@marinaarif 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies