Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mjuan19

Filed a 1040-X (Amend) through mail as TT doesn't allow eFilling. IRS site "Where's my amended" still shows no info even though it has been more than 3 weeks. AnyAdvice?

Somewhere I read the site only works for amendments filed electronically and not by paper. I am waiting on it as I need to submit another tax return that is waiting due to my mistake
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Filed a 1040-X (Amend) through mail as TT doesn't allow eFilling. IRS site "Where's my amended" still shows no info even though it has been more than 3 weeks. AnyAdvice?

Yes, the amended process is usually no less than four to six weeks.  It's a slow process and there is no reason for concern.  An amended return is never set up as a transcript on the IRS site, you will only see your original return transcript.

Q6. My transcript information doesn't appear to be correct. What should I do?

In some cases, we may have changed the reported figures on the original return you filed due to input errors or incomplete or missing information. If we changed the figures on your return during processing, a tax return transcript will show your original figures, labeled "per return," and the corrected figures labeled "per computer." It won't show amendments or adjustments made to the account after the original return has posted. If you filed an amended return or we adjusted your account after it was processed, request a record of account transcript. If the transcript obtained doesn't appear to be correct or contains unfamiliar information due to possible identity theft, call us at 800-829-1040.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies