Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kmalvarado
Returning Member

Error when trying to amend

Hi All. 

I have to amend 2019 taxes. I used Turbo Tax online last year to do them and I followed the instructions. Went to previous years, clicked on amend, downloaded my tax file and downloaded the desktop version. 

After installing, it's asking me to download my states. I am in NC. My husband worked in SC last year but we are non residents. The on-line version I have NC and SC. When I go to open my downloaded .2019 file, it automatically brings me to a pop-up 

Screenshot 2021-03-19 223729.pngWhen I click on "Download state forms" I choose NC. It seems like it is going to force me to download the second state even though in reality I do not need it. When I select "Click for Solution" it brings me to Q&A. I've read that error 190 is a communication error with the server, but how do I get this corrected? I can select the form, but it is forcing me to download a state I don't need.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Error when trying to amend

The only way that return will open is with both states installed on your computer.

Since the program is asking you pay for a state you should contact TurboTax support & they can help you get the state programs you already paid for. Click on the following link to connect with TurboTax Support.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies