Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Efile not available due to closing on Oct 16,2023 for 2022 Amended Return done Feb 2024 using Desktop Premier. Status "Return Accepted". How can it be accepted, no efile?

I completed my Amended 2022 Return on Feb 26,2024 andwhen asked if i wanted to efile and clicked yes, I received the message efile not available, closed 10/16/2023.  So I printed out, which was a nightmare, with limited instructions on what needed to be included, and now it shows a status of "Return Accepted".  How can it show Return Accepted if system was not available to efile.  This is confusing.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Efile not available due to closing on Oct 16,2023 for 2022 Amended Return done Feb 2024 using Desktop Premier. Status "Return Accepted". How can it be accepted, no efile?

Most likely it is showing the original return was accepted.  You cannot e-file a 2022 return as the time has expired.  I suggest you sign and mail your amended return.  Normally the system will print on the form which forms to keep for your records and which to file.  At a minimum, submit the form 1040X with pages that represent the adjustments.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies