Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Massachusetts state refund was sent on January 29 and is still pending 3 days later. Every previous year was sent and accepted that day. Any reason for a delay?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My Massachusetts state refund was sent on January 29 and is still pending 3 days later. Every previous year was sent and accepted that day. Any reason for a delay?

When the IRS and States first start accepting returns (Jan 29), there can be a backlog which takes a few days to clear.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

When the IRS and States first start accepting returns (Jan 29), there can be a backlog which takes a few days to clear.

Has anyone received their Massachusetts state refund? Mine said it was accepted Jan 26th. I still haven't received mine. I keep checking the state website and no DDD as of yet

No. Mine was accepted on Feb 3rd and nothing yet. I called in because the website says 4 to 6 weeks and it's been 7 going on 8 weeks...and the phone recording said 60 days. This is the first I have ever had trouble or delays getting my ax refund from MA

I ended up receiving mine at the end of February. So about 4 weeks after filing. It has never taken that long though.

Don't know about Massachusetts, I am pending 3 days with NY but more concerning about Federal I don't seem to be able to get a clear answer other than "it's in the "pool" I have never heard of a pool before.  I am thinking Turbo Tax is holding the submissions and creating their own backlog. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies