Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does this mean I am being audited "Your tax return requires additional processing time. Please allow 3 months from the date you filed your return to complete processing."

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

63 Replies
ramin0

Does this mean I am being audited "Your tax return requires additional processing time. Please allow 3 months from the date you filed your return to complete processing."

what option I need to select when calling them.

Once you punch in your information, it will say they need additional processing time. Just hold still and it will direct your call to a live representative.

This is an efile glitch that is transmitting incorrect withholding. I've seen it on many different threads with all the tax software mine was TurboTax. It's an easy fix but you must call 916-845-7088 to have them correct it unless you just feel like waiting around 3 months for some magic to happen lol

I tried using the Cali FTB internet chat line and that was awful. Snarky answers that were generic blanket statements... I called the 916-845-7088 number (press option 2 then option 0). The lady asked me a handful of verification questions. Asked if it was supposed to be direct deposit, I said yes. She said everything is there but the status shows "pending" so she went ahead and changed it to "processed" and said funds would transfer within 2-3 weeks. There was nothing wrong as far as I could tell except it didn't get pushed through.

This worked like a charm! Thank you for the info!
davestic

Amazing!  Worked for me as well - thank you!!!

Just called and they had to just verify information. She was very nice and pushed it through. Should be getting my return in 2-4 weeks is what she told me. Thanks for the tip!

Just called and they had to just verify information. She was very nice and pushed it through. Should be getting my return in 2-4 weeks is what she told me. Thanks for the tip!

@meghanklomeli @davestic @jesshanson1 @adicans2000  Awesome! Glad this answer helped you.
milkis
Returning Member

Mine wasn't stuck in pending, but she still helped push it through. I mentioned to her about these steps to get to her that's posted online and how people are saying nice things about her, and she had a chuckle! And she was indeed very very nice.
th365thli

Same thing for me. She just had to verify some things and then she pushed it through. Said it would take about 2-3 weeks. Super chill woman.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just worked for me too! Phone options were different though - I pressed 2 and then 3 (0 wasn't a valid choice).

@mt This is a direct number to FTB Sacramento tax compliance and resolution. I'm sure the number got flooded with calls and they are agitated that I posted it. It is however printed on all paperwork that they eventually send out. The phone menu can be confusing but after you press a few numbers it will give you the representative option. I'm so happy that it helped so many people. It's not fun waiting around for your money wondering what could be wrong. Happy spending.

Worked for me too.  I spoke to a lady named Linda.  She was so helpful!!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies