Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

norinori1

Do I need to update any TurboTax Record if I receive the Notice CP23 from IRS, stating I owe them $24.06 because Turbo Tax calculation was off?

It looks like the Estimated Tax Paid was actually not paid. I am not sure how this estimate was calculated. I don't think I entered.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Do I need to update any TurboTax Record if I receive the Notice CP23 from IRS, stating I owe them $24.06 because Turbo Tax calculation was off?

You do not have to update the estimated tax payments in TurboTax. The correction to your 2021 federal estimated tax payments will not affect your 2022 tax return.

The estimated tax payments on Form 1040 line 26 for 2021 might include an amount from your 2020 refund that you applied to 2021.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You do not have to update the estimated tax payments in TurboTax. The correction to your 2021 federal estimated tax payments will not affect your 2022 tax return.

The estimated tax payments on Form 1040 line 26 for 2021 might include an amount from your 2020 refund that you applied to 2021.

if you had a 2020 overpayment that was applied to 2021, due to the small amount you paid, the IRS probably calculated an underpayment of estimated tax penalty for 2020 and thus reduced the refund applied.

if you're interested you could check your tax return transcripts at the IRS website.  

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies