Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need to amend my 2022 Federal Tax Return?

As shown on the attached document, instead of listing the 1099-NEC amount as my husband's income in all of the appropriate places in our joint return, I made an few errors.  I assume that it will require me to file an amended return to clarify that this is my husband's income and not mine, but I am not sure.

1)   On the Form 1099-NEC Worksheet, I did not check the "Spouse's 1099-NEC" box, so it was attributed to my income under my SSN.  Also, on the Form 1099-NEC Nonemployee Compensation Worksheet, I did not check the "Spouse's 1099-NEC" box, so it was attributed to my income under my SSN. 

2)   However, I did list it on the Schedule C Profit or Loss from Business, under my husband's SSN.

Any help would be appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Unless moving to the other column changes the tax (unlikely) in your favor, there is no reason to amend.

Print a copy of your original filing before you start fiddling with a filed tax return.

@tbduvall 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Unless moving to the other column changes the tax (unlikely) in your favor, there is no reason to amend.

Print a copy of your original filing before you start fiddling with a filed tax return.

@tbduvall 

It does not.  I just wanted to make sure that I did not run afoul of the no income affidavit I signed last year.  It can be easily sorted by providing the actual 1099-NEC with my spouse's SSN.  Thank you for saving me the paperwork.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies