Acoffey4040

Direct deposit info

When i filed my taxes through turbo tax i gave my banking information for my return to be direct deposited.   However my return was taken by the department of education so my bank Info was never used by the irs.  Will they still have my info so i can get my stimulus check?   

DianeC958

Direct deposit info

If the information for your bank account appears on the second page of your return, then the Stimulus Check will be directed deposited into your bank account.

The IRS has started to send out the Stimulus Payments.

From the IRS website

For security reasons, the IRS plans to mail a letter about the economic impact payment to the taxpayer’s last known address within 15 days after the payment is paid. The letter will provide information on how the payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the payment. If a taxpayer is unsure they’re receiving a legitimate letter, the IRS urges taxpayers to visit IRS.gov first to protect against scam artists.

@Acoffey4040

Acoffey4040

Direct deposit info

Yes it is on page two of my return.  Thank you so much for your help.