Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Direct Deposit for Amended Returns

None of the TurboTax agents that I spoke with were aware of this, but the IRS announced earlier this month that people electronically filing their Form 1040-X, Amended U.S Individual Income Tax Return, will for the first time be able to select direct deposit for any resulting refund (New IRS feature allows taxpayers electronically filing amended returns to choose direct deposit to s...). I am able to e-file my Amended Return via TurboTax just fine, but it defaults to mailing a paper check (Your refund info). You have to click 'Back' at the bottom of the 'Here's where your federal refund will be mailed' screen to even see any other options, and the only other one that appears is Direct deposit with Credit Karma Money™ Spend account. Unlike when I filed my original return, the option to enter my own financial institution details is missing entirely. Despite the fact that I paid for TurboTax, they are unwilling to properly acknowledge my question, only pushing that Credit Karma Money Spend account, which I'm not interested in. Has anyone figured out a way around this, using TurboTax, to receive refunds via Direct Deposit for an Amended Return? If not, is anyone aware of any e-filing options/sites that may properly have this system in place, for receiving refunds from e-filed Amended Returns via Direct Deposit?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Direct Deposit for Amended Returns

perhaps the IRS announced this new feature before all tax prep software has added this feature.

It may be available only in professional tax software.

@ThatGregoryDude 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies