Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hlaw3434

Direct deposit dates/TPG/TT REFUND Answers to many questions

Hey I just wanted to make this post to help anyone that was in a similar situation this year b/c when I was looking for answers there was nothing there or updated. So here it goes I got my W2 on January 24,2022 I filed same day with turbo tax I usually use H&R Block but last year I got charged $363 to do my taxes. So this year I decided to go with TT cause I thought it would be cheaper. I could have done them on my own I have a lot of experience but this year with covid pandemic advance ctc and all that I wanted to make sure everything was correct. When I started I was told it was free b/c I had a simple return by like page 3 it changed to $39 then when I got done with federal it said to just go ahead and do my state with it it would be easier and cheaper etc. so I did ended up being another $39 that I didn’t even know about until after I was done filing so ended up $79 or so I thought. When I got completely done and checked my details it was $117 which made no sense well by time I figured out what TPG bank was I was then shown how they were charging me with another $39 getting my refund sent to them plus another $40 for it being my first refund sent to them for those who don’t know when you use your refund to pay for your filing fees they take them by when the irs sends your refund they get it first take their bull crap fees and then within 1-2 days then send it to your bank. Side note:** if your refund is showing on tpg site but isn’t sent from irs yet you’re good you should receive it within 24 hours or less to your bank. Trust me I was one of those that constantly check the site my email etc to see what has changed. I needed this money bad!! Anyways so back to main thing I filed Jan 24 got nothing said except that it was accepted. Then found out about them not even starting them until feb 15 (my 21 days was the 14th) so I was really like wth. It said that due to some new law they can’t start on refunds containing ctc or eitc until feb 15th  So on the 18th it changed to my refund was processing then the next morning it said approved then the next day I signed into irs ID me thing and went to my transcripts and found out my actual DD date before it even shows on the WMR thing it sometimes will tell you on your transcripts they aren’t hard to find but click “other” as your reason for wanting them then hit go click on this year and scroll all the way to bottom it should say code 846 I think it is and then it will say refund issued and the date. I really hope this helps somebody and is easy to read and if you need help just ask trust me I have read so much crap on so many different pages etc. I was literally checking everything I could constantly. So my DD date ended up being Feb 24. I found online that irs deposits only between 12-1AM that’s not true my went on at 6:22 am. Which I did see that somewhere that it could be between 12-6am. Anyways I think it’s more on your time zone etc. but idk if I said this before but if TPG has gotten it and it says funded and sent to your bank then you have nothing to worry about hopefully and should get it within 24 hours even if it’s not showing sent on irs site. Oh yeah mine went to TPG on the 23rd about 2pm and when I checked that site at like 11 it said it wasn’t available due to them depositing refunds. So I am filing a complaint to turbo tax for them extra $79 fees I got charged that I knew nothing about. I mean I am a single mother struggling working 3 temp jobs and walking to and from work I need a car bad and my daughter is in dire need of clothes she keeps hitting growth spurts on me and I can’t keep afford all these new clothes for her to wear once. Sorry off topic anyways I think I have included everything that I had questions about that I couldn’t find the answers to and wished there was a post like this one so I hope this helps! Good luck! Oh and don’t believe those charts of when they will deposit they are all wrong. And i will NEVER use turbo tax again and I only used it cause I didn’t get that much back this year and I wasn’t paying all these fees to do something I know how to do for free. However I know it wasn’t technically turbo taxes fault that my refund took so long it was that new law thing but I have seen so many bad comments about diff things they have done that I would have died if they happened to me! Even people getting lawyers involved and people getting their refund released on feb 8 and it says it’s been sent and deposited and they still hadn’t got anything. Like I would have freaked. Cause it’s not like it’s easy to talk to a person and see what the deal is. Like this was the worst experience ever. Usually it’s so easy I go file and next thing I know within 21 days I got them. But like I said I am complaining about the extra fees that they took out without my knowledge because hey $80 is a lot to a single mother actually that’s a weeks paycheck for me believe it or not. I only got back $553 fed and I paid $0 taxes and I got $47 state lol so after fees I basically got $8 on my state lol but I did get the rest of the ctc for the $1800 so thank god I can finally get a car!!! Maybe get better job and more hours etc like this is life changing for someone like me and for them to play with peoples money ain’t cool. I had $0 in one account and 0.08$ in the other like I didn’t know what I was gonna do. Don’t get offended but PRAY I swear it works not only if/cause you need something especially money but you want outta the situation you are in. Oh and if on transcripts it has negative sign before amount don’t freak that’s normal. Any questions feel free to ask. I will actually reply and not copy and paste an answer like “experts” oh and I used to work in tax office so I kinda know what I’m talking about lol not an expert but I will help you if I can. Hopefully next year is not like this! Good luck everyone!!***  It forced me to change mine to deluxe wouldn’t give me another option or way around it 

***I would not have chosen the advance thing on TT either heard nothing but bad about it. People still waiting. And I would not chose the debit card they can send you. Best route is your own personal bank and make sure your bank does deposits 24/7 and instantly that helps it be quicker. 
***some sites said IRS only updated on certain days due to your code on transcript mine ended in 05 which they said once a week and that wasn’t true. Mine changed on Friday Saturday and Wednesday. 
** it went to my bank from TPG at 6:22am and still didn’t say sent from IRS so don’t reply on that. 
**IRS pre sends it to TPG usually day before it’s available but they won’t release until the actual deposit date on irs even tho it said it was deposited to my bank on 23rd it didn’t go on until the 24th which was dd date on irs site. 
***I WILL NEVER USE TURBO TAX AGAIN THOUGH THEY LIED GAVE EXTRA FEES GAVE NO WAY AROUND FORCING YOU TO CHANGE HOW YOU FILE AND THE WHOLE SEND TO THEIR BANK FIRST COULD HAVE BEEN A WHOLE OTHER MESS ON ITS OWN I JUST GOT LUCKY BUT A LOT LOT LOT OF PEOPLE DIDNT. Just FYI. Idc if some wasn’t their fault they still took forever charged fees they didn’t tell you about etc. and nobody would help me and it’s impossible to get help/real answers from the little chat thing or a real person. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Hlaw3434

Direct deposit dates/TPG/TT REFUND Answers to many questions

I wish I could edit my original post but BEWARE OF FAKE EMAILS I got one saying it was from Turbo Tax but it only said Turbo Tax…if TT sends you an email it will always say intuit after it or like intuit.com etc don’t click on it and open it and please god don’t click on anything inside even if it’s a survey nothing! They can hack you as soon as you click anything in the email. But I noticed at the bottom it said “turbo tax trademark 2020” and I didn’t even catch it at first, on real emails it says like “1996-2022 Trademark” (not sure of first date) but it will always have the most updated year on it. Don’t even contact them to tell them it’s spam don’t click anything at all in email!! You’re welcome ☺️ 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies