Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dante3165

Cp2000 payment- the irs sent me a cp2000 notice for 2015 stating that i have to pay 900 dollars by feb 2 2017 can they take the amount state above out my 2016 tax return

I have to feb 2 2017 mail them my response with the money i owe i dont have it on hand
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

Cp2000 payment- the irs sent me a cp2000 notice for 2015 stating that i have to pay 900 dollars by feb 2 2017 can they take the amount state above out my 2016 tax return

Yes, they can and they will any amount due from you current refund.

However, I still recommend that you contact the IRS by the deadline on the letter . Explain the situation and ask for more time. If your current tax year return will not be processed on time and $900 will not be paid by the deadline, You may have to pay more interest. Asking for more time will avoid this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MargaretL
Expert Alumni

Yes, they can and they will any amount due from you current refund.

However, I still recommend that you contact the IRS by the deadline on the letter . Explain the situation and ask for more time. If your current tax year return will not be processed on time and $900 will not be paid by the deadline, You may have to pay more interest. Asking for more time will avoid this.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies