taylorm87

CP05 then 4464C

I filed my 1040 tax return with Intuit in Feb, using my W-2.  Nothing fancy.  The state of VA sent my refund immediately.  In May the IRS sent me a CP05 letter with no details, then in June they sent me 4464C letter, again vague.  Why both, and does the latter reset the 60 days waiting period?

macuser_22

CP05 then 4464C

It just means they need another 60 days'

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-letter-4464c

macuser_22

CP05 then 4464C

taylorm87

CP05 then 4464C

Update: I talked to someone at IRS. The 4464C letter is merely to extend their deadline from the CP05 letter, and there is no issue at all with my return, just that they admit they are slow, and blame it on Covid, also despite what the 4464C letter says about 60 days, it will probably be 120 days before I get my refund. So they issue successive letters to taxpayers, vaguely implying blame on my part, in order to justify missing one deadline after another.