Solved: Could I amend a Form 4868 or file a Form 4868 if I did not include my wife?

Could I amend a Form 4868 or file a Form 4868 if I did not include my wife?

Hi, I filed a Form 4868 including just my name, but I plan to file a joint return with my wife, so I had to include her name (according to Form 4868's instructions). 

Could I file a second Form 4868 including my wife's name? Please note that I do not owe taxes (the return is to request a refund) and my wife does not have SSN so we will file the Form W-7 to get an ITIN for her. 

Thanks for your help!

That would be fine to file a second 4868 including your wife's name.  As she does not have an SSN now, the 4868 will need to be mailed.  You can fill it out manually.   In the box for her SSN, you can write in "W-7 to be applied for." 

Simply refer to IRS Form 4868: Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, complete and print the form, and send it to the IRS address for your state.