tholiday15

Can I successfully file my taxes this year if my amended return from last year is still being processed?

I filed my 1040X for 2017 and it still hasn't been processed, can I still file my 2018 taxes even though that's the case?

DanaB

Yes, you can file your 2018 taxes even if the 1040X for 2017 hasn't been processed.

DanaB

tholiday15

Can I e-file or do I have to file by mail?
DanaB

If you have the self-selected PIN from last year then you can e-file, or you can try to see if the return will go through with the AGI from the 1040X or from the original return. Otherwise you will have to print and mail the return.
mbarbosa

Hi were you ever able to resolve this issue? im haviing the same problem my tax return from last year has not been rejected or accepted. Its sitting in "still being processed. my tax return was rejected today becuase of my AGI. I have not received anything yet. 

HeatherPLO

May I get you to clarify, please?  Is your Original return still pending or your Amended return still pending?