`
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can I successfully file my taxes this year if my amended return from last year is still being processed?

I filed my 1040X for 2017 and it still hasn't been processed, can I still file my 2018 taxes even though that's the case?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Returning Member

Can I successfully file my taxes this year if my amended return from last year is still being processed?

Yes, you can file your 2018 taxes even if the 1040X for 2017 hasn't been processed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Returning Member

Yes, you can file your 2018 taxes even if the 1040X for 2017 hasn't been processed.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Can I e-file or do I have to file by mail?
Highlighted
Returning Member

If you have the self-selected PIN from last year then you can e-file, or you can try to see if the return will go through with the AGI from the 1040X or from the original return. Otherwise you will have to print and mail the return.