`

Can I successfully file my taxes this year if my amended return from last year is still being processed?

I filed my 1040X for 2017 and it still hasn't been processed, can I still file my 2018 taxes even though that's the case?

Yes, you can file your 2018 taxes even if the 1040X for 2017 hasn't been processed.

Can I e-file or do I have to file by mail?

If you have the self-selected PIN from last year then you can e-file, or you can try to see if the return will go through with the AGI from the 1040X or from the original return. Otherwise you will have to print and mail the return.