Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

atclough

Can I pay and then print my returns but have no e-file? Then file my paper returns later myself?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I pay and then print my returns but have no e-file? Then file my paper returns later myself?

Yes, you can pay, print, and file by mail at any time you like.

When printing, Choose print "ALL official forms required for filing"

You will sign your tax return and date it using black ink.

Click here to find where to mail your Federal return from your state:  https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

When mailing a paper federal return you will need to include the federal copy of any W-2s. Also include the federal copy of any forms that have federal tax withheld. Attach them to the back of the Form 1040. 

Mail your return with some form of tracking. Also, you can add your bank information for direct deposit to speed things up.

To Print your Return:

>Go to Tax Tools, (bottom left),

>Print Center, 

>Print, Save or preview this year's return, select "ALL official forms required for filing"

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you can pay, print, and file by mail at any time you like.

When printing, Choose print "ALL official forms required for filing"

You will sign your tax return and date it using black ink.

Click here to find where to mail your Federal return from your state:  https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

When mailing a paper federal return you will need to include the federal copy of any W-2s. Also include the federal copy of any forms that have federal tax withheld. Attach them to the back of the Form 1040. 

Mail your return with some form of tracking. Also, you can add your bank information for direct deposit to speed things up.

To Print your Return:

>Go to Tax Tools, (bottom left),

>Print Center, 

>Print, Save or preview this year's return, select "ALL official forms required for filing"

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies