Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RGB21

Can I enter a prior home sale in 2021? I am trying to do someone's taxes with that situation. They used someone else in prior years. I'm recreating prior-year activity.

The home was a second home on inherited property. The transaction was a private sale without an agent.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Can I enter a prior home sale in 2021? I am trying to do someone's taxes with that situation. They used someone else in prior years. I'm recreating prior-year activity.

You can’t report a sale on your 2021 return that did not occur in 2021. 

I hope you're not getting compensated. your license agreement with Turbotax does not permit the app to be used by people who use it to prepare returns for compensation.  in addition, you would be violating Federal laws unless you registered with IRS

RGB21

Mike9241, thank you. To be on the level, I'm assisting my elderly father-in-law free of charge. He had used someone who charged him in the past, but the cost equaled or was greater than his anticipated refund. I'm just trying to make what I do present a consistent record between prior years and current. After my query, I was able to find the solution and move forward with his taxes. Thank you for the input.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies