Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I deduct attorney fees I used the estate account for, to obtain authorization from OFAC to send money to the beneficiaries who live in a sanctioned country?

This attorney fee is unrelated to probate attorney fees which were deducted last year.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Can I deduct attorney fees I used the estate account for, to obtain authorization from OFAC to send money to the beneficiaries who live in a sanctioned country?

Legal fees are a necessary part of every estate. The size an scope determine what is needed.  The fees need to be reasonable for what is required. From Government Regulations for an estate:

(c) Attorney's fees—(1) Attorney's fees are deductible to the extent permitted by § 20.2053-1 and this section. Further, the amount of the fees claimed as a deduction may not exceed a reasonable remuneration for the services rendered, taking into account the size and character of the estate, the law and practice in the jurisdiction in which the estate is being administered, and the skill and expertise of the attorneys.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies