Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I correct my direct check account number in California state tax return after my e-file is accepted? Just found e*trade changed the account # when it was acquired

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Can I correct my direct check account number in California state tax return after my e-file is accepted? Just found e*trade changed the account # when it was acquired

Not after it is accepted.   If the account number you provided is not valid, CA will mail the check to the address on your tax return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the info. So it's possible they will charge me with extra interest?

Sorry, I am suppose to pay money in the state tax return... Will they send me a bill statement if the direct deposit account number is not valid?

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

If the bank account was for a tax payment to California and the account number is bad, the draft of your account won't happen.  They will send you a letter and ask for payment.  Your payment will not have been made and there will be a penalty for failure to pay (by the deadline).  You might be able to get someone at the California Franchise Tax Board to adjust the bank account.  If you are certain the payment won't go through you can go online and make the payment today.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies