turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eecatss

Can a offset be applied to your refund if it has already been approved by the IRS? I want to know if there is a possibility that I wont receive it after it says approved

Its scheduled to be deposited on 02/22 but would like to know if there is a possibility that I will not receive it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
aroc2526

Can a offset be applied to your refund if it has already been approved by the IRS? I want to know if there is a possibility that I wont receive it after it says approved

Was it seized ?
JulieH1

There is a possibility that you will not receive your refund.  The offsets are done by social security number and if the offset was entered under your correct social security number, it will most likely match with your refund and it will be seized.

You could possibly still file an amendment with an injured spouse to protect any part belonging to your spouse (if you have one).

You can fill out form 8379  if you filed jointly. Here’s how:

Go into your return. If you're not sure you're in there, tap the blue Take me to my return button.
  1. Tap the menu icon in the upper left
  2. Select Federal Taxes, then Other Tax Situations
  3. Scroll down, and tap Miscellaneous Tax Forms
  4. Next to Report an injured or innocent spouse claim, tap the arrow
  5. Follow the screens to fill out your info

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/amend-return/how-to-file-an-amended-return-with-the-irs/L6kO691...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies