Solved: By mistake, I claimed the health care credit on my 2016 return. I have already filed and the IRS is holding my return until I show proof. How do I amend this mistake?

By mistake, I claimed the health care credit on my 2016 return. I have already filed and the IRS is holding my return until I show proof. How do I amend this mistake?

You don't need to amend the return unless the IRS requested it   ... simply reply back that the credit was a mistake, you are not qualified to take the credit and they are welcome to remove it.