Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bug Report: Incorrect Payment Instructions for Indiana State Tax Returns!!!!

Hello TurboTax Support and Community,

I wanted to bring to your attention a potential bug in the TurboTax software that seems to affect how payment instructions are presented for Indiana state tax returns.

Issue Description: When filing for the Indiana state tax and opting to have the tax payment deducted automatically from a checking account (auto debit option), the software incorrectly concludes with instructions to mail in a payment check. This contradictory information can be quite confusing and may lead to unnecessary concern or incorrect compliance actions from users.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Complete the Indiana state tax return process.
  2. Choose the option to have the tax payment deducted directly from a checking account.
  3. Proceed to the final review and submission steps.

Expected Outcome: The final instructions should confirm the auto debit payment method and not prompt to send a check.

Actual Outcome: Despite selecting auto debit, the software advises users to mail in a check to cover the tax payment. In fact, the software says it's a state requirement!

This issue could potentially cause users to doubt the success of their electronic payment setup and might lead to double payments or non-compliance if not addressed.

I believe it would enhance user confidence and compliance if this issue were resolved promptly. Ensuring that payment methods and corresponding instructions are clear and consistent would greatly improve the filing experience and adherence to tax payment procedures.

Thank you for looking into this matter. I am looking forward to your swift response and a resolution to this issue.

Best regards,

OverTaxed In Indiana

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies