Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

I don’t what i said that marked my profile to be under review against this app but as i was trying to say people say they update on Saturdays and Wednesday but i think it’s anyday tbh

Where's my refund says there is a delay with a reference number 1541. What does that mean?

It did me the same way

But anyway I got an appointment with the irs tomorrow

No need to keep contacting irs either they aren’t allowed to tell you anything over the phone anyway but the general answers they give everyone they fed me a whole but of lies

@datvirgo1980  what is your appointment for?

So I haven't seen anybody say if they got the state part of there refund. I receuved my state about 12 after filing. But have a 1541 message for the other. Is that normal?

12 days after filing

I don’t have state

I don’t have state

I recieved my state refund also, but have had the “take action” message since 2/16. @joshthomas988

Ok. Ya mines been saying take action as we'll. But when I call and ask what action I need to take. All they tell is that as of right niw im being delayed and reviewed and that I may or may not get a letter in the mail. But wait 45 days and I dont see my refund by April 11th to call. That to me sounds like cop out.

Hey everyone. with that delay code I would call! I did and got a nice person for once, I filed with a injury spouse form. That made my delay I was told Monday I would have a call from someone in the injury spouse department within 5 days... with this said that 1541 code means that there is a delay for a reason they are checking things. doesn't mean anything wrong, if you call and they check your info and tell you to just give them time then that's it they just haven't got to yours. but I would keep calling once a week till its updated, good luck all

also you may need to demand more info

@briannaharris700 well before I could get a rep on the phone to see what was the 1541 code was for. It kept  tell me call volume was high to try to call the next day so I just made an appointment at the irs building to try to find out but finally I had got somebody on the phone to tell me but I’m just still goin tomorrow for my appointment just to see what they say

Please update us after your appt. Maybe you'll be able to shed some light on this
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies