Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Been trying to remove "Max" audit benefits for three hours!!!!

I have been doing my taxes for two days. I went to finish and file and read the terms and conditions of Max benefits and do not want a third party company having my social, income and financial information, who could then re-sell it. There is no way to cancel this service!!!! You are stuck. I cannot file without being forced to pay this 70 dollars. I am now waiting on hold for a representative (one hour so far). This is a ridiculous waste of time. What is the name of the third party vendor and their number so I can call them and finish my taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

As long as you have not paid yet, you can refer to the instructions in this link to remove MAX benefits.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That will not work either why?.....because the charge for Max benefits is included in the charge for TurboTax which is charged automatically when you Start Your Taxes. The charge was taken out of my bank before I finished my taxes, so not option to remove the MAX benefits. I had to finalize my taxes and then call..and wait on hold again .....45 minutes to talk to a representative from Turbo Tax to have them credit my account. I don't know if that stopped the third party (Experian) from getting all my private info since it was paid for the day before.  This needs to be a service that can be opted out at the end where it says to read and agree to the terms and conditions, before one completes and files their taxes.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies