Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Been 3 weeks still have not got my refund...why is it taking so long..

Been 3 weeks still have not got my refund. Said it is still processing with no date to when i will get it.. Why it taking so long.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried tracking via the IRS website? https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Also, please see below for additional details concerning refunds and possible delays:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5340655

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why is it taking so long..an why is turbo sending me messages about going into my account to pay for the service an I haven’t even gotten the money back 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

According to the IRS, they are "continuing to process tax returns, issue refunds and help taxpayers to the greatest extent possible." Please refer to the following link for an update on what's happening.   

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/taxpayer-assistance-center-statement  

When you filed your 2019 tax return, you chose Pay With My Refund, which lets you deduct your TurboTax fees from your IRS tax refund instead of paying them with a credit or debit card.

Before we debit your account, you will receive 4 emails from us:

1. An email with instructions to pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) online by a certain date.
  2. Two more followup emails asking that you either pay or request a deferment to prevent the fees from being automatically debited from your bank account.
  3. A final email letting you know that we're debiting the fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) and that the auto-debit process cannot be stopped.

You can be auto-debited if you signed up for Pay With My Refund and your refund is sufficient, but the IRS is still holding your refund 36 days after your original estimated refund date. 

Per the Refund Processing Agreement, you authorized us to debit your bank account if your refund was insufficient to cover your fees:

In addition, by clicking the "I Agree" button below, you electronically sign and authorize Intuit (through its third party processor) to debit the TurboTax Fees, Additional Products and Services Purchased and any applicable sales tax from your bank account number identified in the Agreement below, in the event that you do not receive a tax refund that is sufficient to pay for them.

Why was my bank account auto-debited for TurboTax ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies