Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

AZ Form 140: "Gifts Claimed As Credit Too Large"

For federal taxes, I took the Standard Deduction and entered no charitable contributions.

For AZ Form 140, for "5C -Total charitable contributions made in 2023 for which you are claiming a

credit under Arizona law for the current (2023) or prior (2022) tax year" - I entered $1100. This was $400 for a QCO, $500 for QFCO, and $200 for the AZ Public School Tax Credit (all maxes for single filer). 

TurboTax is telling me "Gifts claimed as credit too large" but offering no other instructions. I had this same issue last year, but changes to live support means they aren't providing me any guidance on how to fix. It this my error or a glitch with TurboTax? Considering trying a different tax filing program if can't figure out a solution, as I'm not confident in TurboTax handling this unique AZ tax credit situation at present and it's the second year in a row I've had issues with very simple returns.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

AZ Form 140: "Gifts Claimed As Credit Too Large"

Please view the forms in your return and let me know the root cause. I tried going backwards from AZ 140 line 5c and there are many paths to take.  I went to form 321 which has a limiting factor that carries to Sch A. What forms and what lines are causing the problem?  To see your forms:

• In desktop, switch to Forms Modem right click and data source.
  • For online:
    1. On the left side, select  Tax Tools
    2. Select Print center
    3. Select Print, save or preview this year's return
    4. If you have not paid, select pay now.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies