Amendment refund

Amendment refund

My amendment was received on 7/10/2019 and adjusted on 9/27/2019 and completed on 10/18/2019. Called the IRS they started my amendment was incompleted if it was incomplete why it stated complete and I haven’t received anything stated that. I’m confused. Please help 

Amendment refund

"Complete" is a fluid term that can mean different things to different people at different times.  

The IRS may have completed some process like refusing the amended return as is (thus the incomplete) and they could have trashed it if they believed the return was frivolous  ... did they not send you any correspondence at all to explain what was incomplete ?      Give them another call and ask them exactly what is happening with the 1040X  and what your next steps need to be.  

Amendment refund

Thank you for responding. No they did not send me any kind of correspondence letter. When I asked they said a letter was sent out on 09/17/19. However,  my daughter received a letter and that’s reason why I had to do amendment because of the CPA mistake.