turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wramiroa

Amending a tax return

So I filed my taxes on 03/19/24, they accepted my federal and state return, but I forgot to add some things to my business write off.

I did the amendment on 03/20/204

and it says that my federal amended tax return was accepted already. I’m confused on whether the amendment was e-filed or not? As in, do I still have to mail in a physical copy even though it says my Amended return was accepted for both federal and state? I’m confused 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Amending a tax return

No, do not mail the amended return to the IRS.  If you received an accepted notice then the amended return is being processed also.  You should not have amended until the original return was processed by the IRS and you received your refund or balance due notice.  This causes confusion and delay.

However, if you received notice that the amended return was accepted also, I suggest you wait to hear from the IRS.  The returns will be processed in the order received usually.  

You can set up an online account with the IRS.  This account will provide information on all activity on your account with the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies