Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

david238

Amended Tax Return now shows no federal refund

Hi, 

I originally filed a tax return showing a federal refund of $1,400. After amending my tax return, my federal refund is now gone. I am unsure if I will not get my federal return now.

Thank you,

David  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@david238  Your original return is processed separate from your Amended return.  You will receive your refund from your original return (unless the IRS changes your return for some reason).  

When you start the amendment section, the Federal monitor will always set to zero.  It will change depending on what you are amending your return for.  The amendment returns assumes you already received your original refund, so the amended return calculates what you would receive from your original and what you entered in your amended return to come up with an additional refund due or taxes owed.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

@david238  Your original return is processed separate from your Amended return.  You will receive your refund from your original return (unless the IRS changes your return for some reason).  

When you start the amendment section, the Federal monitor will always set to zero.  It will change depending on what you are amending your return for.  The amendment returns assumes you already received your original refund, so the amended return calculates what you would receive from your original and what you entered in your amended return to come up with an additional refund due or taxes owed.  

david238

@bluedeb Thank you very much!

Your welcome!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies