Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

scormanaz

After amendment "Your tax summary" shows state liability instead of refund

I submitted yesterday, and realized I had forgotten to add a 1099-DIV. I went through the amendment process. "Your tax summary" shows the federal refund but says "state taxes due: $3" and nothing about the state refund it displayed yesterday. 

This is a confusing message. At the top it says I owe the feds $2 and the state $3. Why doesn't it say that in the summary? I worry that since the fed refund is there but the state isn't, this could mean I will get no state refund and instead owe $3. That's not right, is it? I don't want to click through and lock in some error.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

After amendment "Your tax summary" shows state liability instead of refund

Since you've added interest income, it's likely that your taxes owed increased. So if your returns were already accepted, then you will still get your original amount as a refund. What you see at the top of the screen now is the difference you own in taxes just based on that extra interest income. What you see on the summary screen is based on your original tax filing. So you can continue to amend and simply pay the $2 and $3, respectively. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies