Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Add middle initial on state form?

Minnesota form M1DQC (Dependents and Qualifying Children) specifically asks for "First name and middle initial" of each child. TT isn't including the middle initial even though I've entered it where prompted and it appears elsewhere, such as my federal return. How can I add this? Is it effectively a bug?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Sounds like your computer is experiencing a loop.  Let's clear your cookies, history and reboot.

Cookies are small files that temporarily store data on your computer. We use them to personalize your experience so you see information you already entered and not items that are irrelevant or repetitive.

On rare occasions, they may make your browser think you already did something that you still need to do. To fix that, you'll need to delete (clear) the cookies from your browser.

Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for the reply. I do know how to clear my cookies but I'm not sure how that's at all relevant to my question. Thanks.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Most times the system is hung and cannot process anymore.  Deleting cookies sometimes releases the computer. 

This may be a Bug but will need to be investigated.

All adjustments to the Dependent information must be made on the Federal section of the returns.  Go into Federal, My Info then scroll through to Dependent information.

Is this preventing you from e-filing? 

Are you receiving a rejection code?  If so what is the code so that we can assist with correcting the error?

Have you attempted to submit without the middle initial?

@TM999 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I submitted without the middle initial and it was accepted. It was just something I caught and hoped to correct before submitting if possible, but fortunately it didn't seem to matter. Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies