turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

846 to 841 to 570

I have a very important question and I have had no luck in getting any answers from the IRS on it. So essentially what happened was our tax refund was direct deposited into our bank account on February 16. Unfortunately, our bank rejected the tax refund because the bank account is only in my husband‘s name, and because we filed a married/joint return my name had to also be on the bank account in order for them to accept it, and unfortunately, the bank Current does not do joint accounts. In previous years, they did accept the return with no issues, so this was completely a shock to us. I spent days showing them evidence that they had accepted it before and arguing with them but at the end of the day their decision was final, and they sent back the funds. I was told that once the bank returned the funds to the IRS that a paper check would be issued to the address on file. At this time we’ve still not had an update on it, I was completely fine on waiting for a paper check. I am aware that it can take 4 to 6 weeks. The question I have because I seen a lot of people that the following has been happening to this week and now I am having a lot of anxiety worrying that it could happen to us as well. There have been tons of people whose direct deposit got rejected from their bank, once the IRS received those funds back, their transcripts updated to an 841 and yes, I am aware of what that means, but instead of an 846 popping up after that at some point to indicate the funds were re-issued, these people are getting a 570 a.k.a. something is holding up your refund code after their 841. The people who this has been happening to is just being told by the IRS that they’re under a 60 day review. I’m really confused because I have always been under the impression and have also been told by the IRS that a 570 code is something that would appear before you even get an 846 code  Not a code that you would see after your refund has been approved. Can anyone shed any light on this at all or even explain how this is possible and why the IRS would approve your refund completely right down to actually trying to send it to your bank and then once they get their funds back decide they want to put you in review instead of doing the normal process of just sending you a paper check? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

846 to 841 to 570

It really depends on the info the bank sends to IRS with rejection of funds.

If fraud is suspected, IRS will investigate.

You should call IRS, i hear they have more people answering the phone now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies